Recruitment of various post in Online Application
Feliyo | Monday, 4 January 2021
a. Master's Degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed
b. At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the Academic Level 11 and above or with eight years of service in the Academic
Level 12and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in educational administration or
c. Comparable experience in research establishment and/ or other institutions of higher education, or
d. 15 years of administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent post.
e. The age of superannuation of Finance Officer 62 (sixty two) years and upper age limit is 57 closing date of receipt of application.
Preference will be given to officers having experience of working in CABs/CPSUs/COs in Audit/Finance/Establishment for at least 5 years. Pay Scale of Finance Officer as per 7th CPC pay matrix shown above, which shall be fixed at the appropriate cell. The Finance Officer is entitled for all other allowances in accordance with the guidelines issued by the MHRD/UGC.
Essential qualification for Non-teaching positions under Group ‘B’, For Post Code: NTS 0043 (Section Officer): E.Q.:
a. A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent degree with at least three years experience in handling Educational
Administration /General Admin./ Exam./Accounts & Finance in a University/ Research Institution/ Government department
/Autonomous bodies/ PSU, with working knowledge of computer application.
b. Three (3) years of regular service in the Grade Pay of Rs. 4,200/- or above having administrative background in Govt./Academic
8 years of regular service as UDC at least in the GP of Rs. 2,400/- in Govt./Academic Institutes/ Autonomous Bodies. Age: Not above 35 years as on 1st February, 2021.
General Instructions to the Candidates
1. Online mode of submission of applications shall be essential.
2. Applicants shall first register on the Recruitment portal on the AUS website, after which, they can fill up the prescribed electronic application form online.
3. There is a separate online recruitment form for Teaching and Non-teaching Group ‘A’, & ‘B’.
4. Applicants who have already applied for the posts of Finance Officer against employment notification No 1/2020-Rect Dated 01.01.2020,
2/2020 Dated 28.05.2020 and 3/2020 Dated 21.09.2020 need not apply again.
5. Educational Qualifications: (a) The candidates must have passed required examination or equivalent examination from a recognized Board/Council or University. (b) As per Ministry of Human Resource Development Notification dated 10.06.2015 published in the Gazette of India all the degrees/ diplomas/ certificates awarded through Open and Distance Learning mode of education by the Universities established by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature, Institutions Deemed to be Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act,
1956 and Institutions of National Importance declared under an Act of Parliament stand automatically recognized for the purpose of
employment to posts and services under the Central Government provided they have been approved by the Distance Education Bureau,
University Grants Commission. (c) As per UGC (Open and Distance Learning) Regulations, 2017 published in official Gazette on 23.06.2017, under Part-I (2) (P), the programmes in engineering, medicine, dental, nursing, pharmacy, architecture and physiotherapy etc are not permitted to be offered under Open and Distance Learning mode. (d) All candidates shall have to prove, by documentary evidence, that the result of the qualifying examination was declared on or before the cut-off date and he/ she has been declared passed. (e) Order/ letter in respect of equivalent Educational Qualifications will require to be produced by the candidates at the time of Document Verification or as and when required by the University, indicating the Authority (with number and date) under which it has been so treated, in respect of equivalent clause in Essential Qualifications, if a candidate is claiming a particular qualification as equivalent qualification as per the requirement of the Employment Notification etc. (f) Candidates who have not acquired/ will not acquire the essential qualification as on
01.02.2021 will not be eligible and need not apply.
6. Separate applications shall be submitted for different positions.
7. Before starting to fill up the form, please ensure keeping ready a digital copy of passport size photograph in JPEG format not exceeding 50 kb in file size and digital copy of signature not exceed 50KB, for up-loading.
8. Filling all mandatory fields is required to make your application complete.
9. Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
10. While filling the online application, if your browser closes unexpectedly or if you are logged out, please use the login information sent to your email to login again.
11. In case of any technical problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Call: (+91)6292218757 and email@example.com
12. There are several Tabs in your application. After completing each tab, you should click on “Save and Proceed” button to save the information and move to the next tab. After filling of all tabs, the candidate can finally submit his application. Please note that you cannot make any changes after final submission.
13. On successful submission, the applicant will come across a link to download a PDF of the application, which he/she will have to print and send to AUS after signing it and having it forwarded by his employer, if any, with the requisite application fee, so as to reach AUS by the last date.
14. Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview. More stringent criteria including holding written test may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
15. Mode of Selection: The mode of selection i.e. Selection through written test/Skill test/Viva-Voce vis a vis Syllabus & scheme of examinations etc and the centre of written test etc. shall be decided in due course & notified accordingly.
16. The University shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/ background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated.
17. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without giving any reason. Any consequential vacancies
arising at the time of interview may also be filled up from the available candidates. The University may, at its discretion, fill up any future vacancy belonging to Gen./SC/ST/OBC/EWS as per roster point out of the available candidates. The number of positions is thus open to change. The University may relax/review the qualification/ experience and age limit at its discretion at any stage and in case of candidates with exceptional merit.
18. A candidate belonging to any reserved category who desires to be considered for any unreserved post also besides the posts under reserved category, will have to submit separate forms for Unreserved posts and reserved posts.
19. In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the University reserves right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
20. In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the University shall be final.
21. Applicants who are in employment should route their application through proper channel or should submit a "No Objection Certificate" from the employer prior to the interview, failing which they may not be considered further.
22. Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the minimum essential qualifications laid down in the advertisement.
23. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
24. No interim correspondence shall be entertained. In case of any dispute, any suit or legal proceedings against the University, the jurisdiction shall be restricted to the High Court, Guwahati.
25. Relaxations and concessions for persons with disabilities will be applicable in accordance with reservation policy of the GoI and
subsequent clarification/directives issued from time to time to this effect.
26. Relaxations and concessions for SCs/STs/OBCs will be applicable in accordance with reservation policy of the GoI and subsequent clarification/directives issued from time to time to this effect.
27. The applications shall be invited through online mode. The applicants should be required to submit their downloaded application form (hard copy) after filling it online, along with all the enclosures to the Assistant Registrar, Recruitment Cell, Raja Rammohan Roy Administrative Building, Assam University, PO: Assam University, Silchar-788011 by the last date of submission of applications i.e, 7th February, 2021. The candidates are advised to visit the University website frequently for further information & instruction etc. related to the above mentioned requirement.
28. The eligibility of the candidate will be determined on the last date of submission of application i.e., 01.02.2021.
29. Besides the appointment of faculty/staff on regular basis, the advt. also includes invitation of proposal for appointment on long term (up to
10 years as per letter of MHRD*) on deputation basis and reemployment of superannuated teacher on contract basis. Those especially eminent scholars serving or retired who fulfill the requirements of specialization of a subject may also apply. The University also reserves the right to identify such distinguished people for appointment on deputation/contract basis on terms and conditions to be decided by the University as per norms. However, such appointment on long term deputation/re-employment shall be only at the level of Professor and Associate Professor. The provisions of long term is as per MHRD letter* No. F.No.8-9/2008-TS.I, October 13, 2014.
30. Special Instruction:
A. Caste Certificate: The candidates should clearly state to which category they belong. They should also enclose a certificate issued by competent authority as proof to this effect, without which the application will not be considered.
B. Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ ST/ OBC/PWD/ EWS/must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim. Candidates with benchmark physical disability only would be considered as Persons with Disabilities (PWD) and entitled to reservation for Persons with Disabilities.
C. The income criteria to exclude socially advanced persons/sections (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for Other Backward
Classes (OBCs) shall be as prescribed vide, GOI, DoPTs O.M.No 36033/1/2013-Estt(Res) dated 13.09.2017.
D. Candidates belonging to OBC should submit an attested copy of OBC certificate/Creamy Layer exclusion in the prescribed form issued by the Competent Authority; vide Column 3 of GOI, DOPT's O.M. No. 36036/2/2013 dated 30.05.2014 or amended without which applications will not be considered.
E. Candidates belonging to PWD, should submit an attested copy of certificate of disability in the prescribed form issued by Competent
Authority, in accordance to the GOI,DOPT’s OM No. 36035/3/2004-Estt(Res) dated 29th December,2005.
F. Candidate belonging to Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) should submit an attested copy of Income & Asset Certificate in the prescribed format (Annexure-I) issued by the Competent Authority; vide Column 5 of GOI, MP,PG & P,DOPT's OM No 36039/1/2019- Estt(Res) dated 31st January,2019.
G. A candidate belonging to any reserved category who desires to be considered for any unreserved post also besides the posts under
reserved category, will have to submit separate forms for Unreserved posts and reserved posts. No subsequent change or request for change of category will be entertained under any circumstances.
Dated: 15th December, 2020