Recruitment if various post in Dr B R AMBEDKAR NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Dr B R AMBEDKAR NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, JALANDHAR
G T ROAD BYE PASS, JALANDHAR – 144 011 (PUNJAB)
FACULTY RECRUITMENT NOTIFICATION (ADVERTISEMENT No.05/2020)
Online applications are invited on the prescribed format for the recruitment of faculty at the level
of Assistant Professors in various departments as under: -
(i) For All Engineering Departments:
4 – year B.Sc. (Engineering) / B.E. / B.Tech. in relevant branch of Engineering with
Ph.D. in appropriate area (as approved by concerned Board of Studies).
Integrated M.E./M Tech with Ph.D in appropriate branch.
(ii) For Department of Mathematics:
Ph.D. with B.Sc. (3 yrs/4 yrs). and M.Sc. (in appropriate branch) OR
Integrated M.Sc with Ph.D in appropriate branch.
(iii) For Department of Humanities & management:
(a) HUMANITIES- Ph.D. with B.A./B.Sc./BBA/B.Com and M.A./MBA or equivalent
PGDM (02 yrs)
(b) MANAGEMENT- Ph.D. with B.A./B.Sc./BBA/B.Com and MBA or equivalent
PGDM (02 yrs)
(i) Detailed education qualification, experience and other criteria for selection to faculty positions shall be as per the Schedule “E” of the First Statutes of the NIT(Amendment Statutes, 2017) (Ref. Gazette of India dated July, 24, 2017) and subsequent clarifications received from Ministry of HRD, New Delhi. The Link for the same is available at http://www.nitj.ac.in . Areas of specialization in various departments are available in this Advertisement as Annexure-1.
(ii) At least one of the degrees at UG/PG/Ph.D level must have been obtained from CFTIs/Central and State Government Universities or institutions/from institute or University listed amongst top 100 NIRF ranking of MHRD, any time during the last three years preceding the date of advertisement.
(iii) All New Entrants shall have Ph.D. in the relevant or equivalent discipline and shall have first class in preceding degrees. New entrant means a candidate who is not existing faculty of Dr BR Ambedkar NIT Jalandhar [as per clarification no. 5 of GoI, MHRD, F.No.33-9/2011-TS.III, dated 16th April, 2019.]
• In case first class is not mentioned in the preceding degrees by the University / Institution, then the candidates should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% marks in aggregate.
• Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual
Institute/University will not be considered / allowed for determination of eligibility.
• In case, the candidate has passed and secured CGPA under any other point scale (other than 10-point scale), then certificate issued by the authorized signatory (not the Mentor/Supervisor/Head of the Department) of the Institute/University to the effect of having secured first class in such degree must be attached. Alternately, the CGPA may be equivalently converted on 10-point scale for determination of eligibility.
• The above mentioned CGPA/Percentage/Degree should be awarded by a recognized
• Candidates, who have acquired essential qualification (i.e. Ph.D.) and/or preceding degrees from abroad, shall be considered if degree is offered by National University/Institute of respective country and/or offered by Institutions which are in QS / THE World Ranking up to 500 for the post of various faculty positions.
• Candidates having Ph.D. directly after B.Tech. will also be considered for the post, if they fulfill other criteria.
Experience as per clarification no. 7, GoI, MHRD, F.No.33-9/2011-TS.III, dated 16th April,
2019, (including prior to implementation of NIRF) shall be considered if acquired in any of the following Institutions:
I. Fully Funded Central Educational Institutions.
II. State Educational Institutions funded by respective State Government.
IV. Other Management Institutions ranked by NIRF up to 50 for any two years.
V. Other Educational Institutions ranked by NIRF up to 100 in overall, Universities, Engineering for any two years.
Also, International / National experience as Post-Doctoral Fellow with National Agencies of respective countries and Post-Doctoral Fellowships offered by Institutions, which are in QS / THE World Ranking up to 500 will be considered for the post of Assistant Professor (Pay Level 12, pre-revised AGP 8000) as per clarification no. 2, issued by Oversight Committee. [GoI, MHRD, F.No.33-9/2011-TS.III, dated 16th April, 2019]. Experience as mentioned above and as per RRs in an Institution/ organization will only be considered for calculating total experience.
The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part-time basis, daily wages, guest faculty / visiting faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidates for presentation and/or interview.
Fresh appointment beyond the age of 60 years is discouraged except in the case of faculty with exceptionally brilliant research career and with on-going or approved externally funded research project.
Candidates are advised to go through the details of posts and instructions available on the website carefully before applying.
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF ONLINE APPLICATION IS 31.01.2021.
Online applications may be uploaded till 31.01.2021 the link for same will be activated on the Institute website www.nitj.ac.in on 01.01.2021.Candidates need to apply online and also submit hard copy of the application. The hard copy of the submitted application along with all relevant supporting self-attested documents must reach the office of the REGISTRAR, DR B R AMBEDKAR NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, PO-REC CAMPUS, JALANDHAR, PUNJAB-144011 BY 10.02.2021 (TILL 5.00 PM).
Non-refundable application fee of Rs.1000/- shall be paid online (debit/credit card/netbanking) while filling the online application form. No fee will be charged from SC/ST & PWD candidates.
All pages of the hardcopy of application with supporting documents must be numbered and an index should be provided in the application (hardcopy) with the mention of appropriate document with page number. Candidature will be considered only on receipt of both online as well as hard copy of application by the due dates, failing which it will be rejected. The envelope containing the application be superscribed as:
APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF…………………………………… DEPARTMENT OF………………………………………………………
Note 1: As per the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Teachers’ Cadre) Act,
2019, which shall be deemed to have come into force on the 7th day of March,
2019, reservation of posts is applicable in appointments by direct recruitment of persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the socially and
educationally backward classes and the economically weaker sections, to teachers’
cadre in certain Central Educational Institutions established, maintained or aided by the Central Government, and for matters connected therewith or incidental thereto. As per MHRD notifications No. F.No.33-3/2018-TS.III, dated 5th Nov. 2019, for the purpose of reservation of posts, Institution has been taken as one unit. Number of vacancies in all or any of the categories (including reserved vacancies) may be increased/decreased without any notification.
Note 2: The Institute reserves the right to modify / defer or cancel the advertisements /
recruitment at any stage of processing without assigning any reasons.
Note 3: Date of birth mentioned in Online Recruitment Application is final. No subsequent request for change of date of birth will be considered or granted.
Note 4: The period of experience rendered by a candidate on part time basis, daily wages, visiting/Guest faculty will not be counted while calculating the valid experience for short listing the candidates for interview.
Note 5: NIT, Jalandhar faculty members are exempted to deposit the application fee. For this they must apply only using institute mail ID for registering on the portal.
Note 6: This being an advertisement governed by the flexible recruitment rules as per NITs Statutes, the no. of positions for internal candidates is not restricted by the no. of positions advertised at various levels. However, the total no. of faculty positions will not exceed the sanctioned position for the institute. Instruction from MHRD issued till the date of interviews will be applicable. For the departments not having any vacancy at any higher Pay Level, movement of faculty to higher Pay Level shall be carried out as per prescribed selection process but it will be restricted to only serving faculty members of Dr BR Ambedkar NIT Jalandhar in the respective Departments [As
prescribed in note 1, point no. 5 of Schedule “E‟ of NIT Statutes (Amended 2017) (Ref. Gazette of India No. 651, dated July 24, 2017)].
1. All Qualifications, Experiences and other criteria will be considered as on or before
31.01.2021 (Closing date of online application form).
2. All degrees mentioned in the application should be awarded by an Institute/ University recognized by the Government/other Statutory Bodies.
3. As an Institute of National Importance, NIT Jalandhar strives to have a workforce which
reflects an all-India character and hence candidates from all over the country are encouraged to apply.
4. Persons serving in Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSUs / Universities / Educational Institutions should send their applications either THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL or should furnish a NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE from the Competent Authority of the organization serving, at the time of interview. They can, however, send advance copy of the application form.
5. Original documents along with one set of self-attested copies will have to be produced at the time of interview for verification.
6. Applications received on or before the published closing date will only be considered for scrutiny and selection.
7. Mere fulfillment of minimum qualification and experience requirements does not entitle any candidate for a call for interview. The department may have a short listing criteria fix higher than the minimum to restrict the no of candidates to be called for interview.
8. Depending on perceived availability of qualified candidates, different departments may set different short listing criteria. Further, the same department may also set different short-listing criteria for different specializations.
9. The Institute has the right to set higher norms than minimum and areas of specialization while short listing, taking into account the specific requirements of the individual departments. The short listing norms may not be uniform across the departments of the Institute and shall be binding on the applicants. The decision of the institute related to all matters pertaining to the recruitment shall be final and binding on the applicants.
10. The Institute reserves the right to call all the eligible candidates or a few short listed candidates for interview/test after screening by the Institute. Institute may conduct a screening test if the numbers of applications are large. The marks obtained in screening test shall not be considered for preparation of merit list. The Institute also reserves the right to defer or cancel the selection process without assigning any reason thereof. The decision of the Institute in this regard will be final and binding on all the applicants who respond to this advertisement. No interim communication on the status of application will be entertained.
11. Apart from merit, the specialization of a candidate within a department will play a vital role in selection. Candidate with specialization in greater need by the department will be given preference. Candidates with studentship or work experience IITs/NITs/ reputed
Universities/Institutions or Industry or with greater relevance to the academic programmes of the department will be given preference.
12. Experienced and/or meritorious candidates may be granted higher starting pay on recommendation of the selection committee.
13. Selected candidates on regular positions will be under probation and will be confirmed
subject to satisfactory completion of the probation and other requirements as per
14. Canvassing in any manner would entail disqualification of the candidature.
15. Name of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed in the Institute website. Beside, all information regarding selection test, Interview schedule etc. will also be provided through the Institute website only. The Institute will not be responsible in any manner, if, a candidate fails to visit / access the website in time. Candidates are requested to regularly visit the Institute website i.e., www.nitj.ac.in for updated information.
16. Candidates having Ph.D. directly after B. Tech may also apply as shall be considered eligible, if fulfill other norms.
17. The date for determining eligibility of candidates in every respect i.e. qualifications, experience etc. shall be considered as on the closing date, i.e. the last date of the submission of online application form.
18. The short listed candidates may be required to appear for presentation/seminar in the respective departments, in addition to facing the Selection Committee. No TA/DA will be paid for attending test/interview.
19. The Institute shall retain completed online applications data for non-shortlisted candidates only for three months after completion of recruitment process.
20. Candidates who wish to apply for more than one department should apply separately for each post in the prescribed manner and separate application with requisite fee must be submitted for each post.
21. Candidates in India, if invited, have to appear personally in the interview, while those abroad may be interviewed by audio cum video link. If a candidate wishes to be interviewed by audio cum video link, a request from the candidate should be sent to the Institute giving all details for communication. Institute does not guarantee consistent connectivity and hence the candidate will appear through this media at his/her own responsibility. Institute will not take any responsibility for connectivity.
22. Applications which are not in prescribed form / without relevant supporting enclosures may be out rightly rejected. No correspondence shall be entertained in this regard.
23. The decision of the Institute in all matters will be final. No correspondence /interim inquiries will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection/interview including reasons for not being called for interview. Any dispute with regard to the selection/ recruitment process will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction over Jalandhar.
24. Only the experience in Institute of repute (as per schedule ‘E’) as indicated by the MHRD
in its clarification shall be considered for eligibility.