Recruitment of various post in MAHARASHTRA METRO RAIL CORPORATION LTD.
MAHARASHTRA METRO RAIL CORPORATION LTD.
(A JOINT VENTURE OF GOVT. OF INDIA AND GOVT. OF MAHARASHTRA)
ADVT NO: MAHA-Metro/P/HR/O &M/06(S)/2020/ Date: 08.12.2020
MAHA-Metro is inviting applications from Indian Nationals for the following Supervisory posts for Operation and Maintenance (O & M) department of Pune Metro Rail Project on regular basis. The details along with the required eligibility criteria is mentioned below against each post.
(Brief details of medical Standard are available at MAHA-Metro’s Website)
• Candidate with higher qualification in respective disciplines can also apply.
• All the above vacancies are provisional and subject to increase / decrease as per requirement of MAHA- Metro.
• Candidates after selection are likely to be posted at Pune/Nagpur or any projects of MAHA-Metro,
anywhere in India.
• All the posts are technical posts and there is no reservation for persons with disability in this selection.
Intake for PWDs in identified categories, wherever applicable, to the extent admissible, will be processed separately.
A. Minimum Educational Qualification: -
For Post on Sr. No. 1: Station Controller/Train Operator/Train Controller: - Three years engineering Diploma in Electrical/ /Electronics/ Mechanical Branch from a Govt. recognized University / Institute. Knowledge of Marathi Language in all three attributes i.e. Read, Speak and write is compulsory. This is subject to verification before selection.
For Post from Sr. No. 2 to 5 -: Section Engineer -: Four year bachelor’s degree in engineering (B.E
/ B. Tech) from a Govt. recognized University / Institute in respective discipline noted against the post. Knowledge of Marathi Language in all three attributes i.e. Read, Speak and write is compulsory. This is subject to verification before selection.
For Post from Sr. No. 6 to 9 :- Junior Engineer-: Three years engineering Diploma from a Govt. recognised University / Institute in respective discipline noted against the post. Knowledge of Marathi Language in all three attributes i.e. Read, Speak and write is compulsory. This will subject to verification before selection.
Candidates who have appeared at the qualifying exam, passing of which would make them educationally eligible for these posts but have not yet been informed of the results, will also be eligible for applying for these posts. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their candidature would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the eligibility qualification on the date of Psycho Test / Interview / declaration of Online Test result.
B. Job Profile:
The job of Station Controllers / Train Operator/ Train Controller, Section Engineer
/ Junior Engineer (Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical/Civil) is inter-changeable in nature as per the requirement of the Corporation and it includes operating the trains, looking after the affairs of Metro Stations including Customer Care Centers (CCC), Depot Control Centers, Operation Control Centers etc. in shift duty including night shift. The job requires highest standard of medical fitness, including naked vision of 6/6, the details of which are also available at MAHA-Metro website www.punemetrorail.org. So, the candidates meeting the required medical standard may only apply.
The duty hours of Station Controllers/Train Operator/Train Controller (SC/TO/TC),
Section Engineer, Junior Engineers (Electrical/Electronics/Mech./Civil) may depend on the ridership/footfall of the stations/ Customer Care Centers (CCC) and may range from 8 to 12 hours daily.
For the post Station Controllers/Train Operator/ Train Controller (Post for Sr. No. 1): The selection methodology will comprise four-stage process –i.e. Online Test(CBT), Psycho Test & Personal Interview followed by Medical Examination in A1 (Aye-one) Category.
For the post of Section Engineer, Junior Engineer (Elect./IT/Computer/
/Electronics/Mech./Civil (Post from Sr. No.- 2 to 9):The selection methodology will comprise Three-stage process i.e. Online Test(CBT) & Personal Interview followed by Medical Examination in A3 (Aye-three) category.
The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully (including Medical examination), before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the Corporation is final on this issue. Dates of online examination, result of online examination and all recruitment related information shall be available only on Web site: www.punemetrorail.org and candidates must remain in constant touch with it.
C. Medical Examination:
1. All candidates shall have to undergo the Medical Fitness Test(s) and meet the following Medical standards prescribed by MAHA- Metro for various posts.
Expenses for the first time Medical Examination of the candidate will be borne by MAHA-Metro. However, for second time Medical Examination, if need so arises, the expenditure for Medical Test/s will be borne by the candidate himself / herself. Only one additional Medical Test shall be entertained apart from scheduled date of initial Medical examination & no further request in this regard will be considered by MAHA-Metro. Candidates having undergone lasik surgery are not suitable for all posts.
2. Details of Medical Standards are also available with MAHA-Metro's website: www.punemetrorail.org under Career link. During the Certificate verification, the credential of the provisionally selected candidates will be verified as per the eligibility criteria stipulated vide cited Employment Notification. Only the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria and found suitable in online exam/psycho test/interview will be sent for Medical Examination.
3. Candidates, who fail in the prescribed Medical Test, will not be given any alternative employment.
D. Online Test/Computer Based Test (CBT):
For post from Sr. No 1 to 9: The online test will consist of 3 parts, Part-1, Part-2 and Part-3, shall be of 02 hrs. duration.
Part-I: Marathi Language (15 Question). Candidate scoring minimum 40% passing marks in
Part-I will only considered eligible for evaluation of Part - II & Part - III.
Part-II: It will consist of multiple-choice objective type questions in English medium on General Awareness, Logical Ability, Quantitative Aptitude. There will be a total of 35 questions, each carrying equal marks. There shall be negative marking for every wrong/incorrect answer. 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
Part-III: It will consist of objective type questions on knowledge of discipline/ domain/Trade. There will be a total of 100 questions, each carrying equal marks. There shall be negative marking for every wrong/incorrect answer. 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
Candidates, who qualify in Part-II & III and rank high on the merit list within the zone of consideration, shall be called for Personal Interview and/or Psycho Test, as the case may be, at
Successful Candidates (for all category of posts) to be called for Personal Interview
Psycho Test and Medical examination, (for post at Sr.no.1) as the case may be, at Pune. Only SC
/ ST Candidates shall be eligible to reimburse the to & fro sleeper class Railway fare for journey by the shortest route between Railway Station nearest to hometown & Pune on production of ticket in support of journey. No reimbursement shall be made to the candidates appearing
for the online examination.
Syllabus: The syllabus for the respective post will be made available on MAHA-Metro’s website
E. Character & Antecedents:
The success in the examination does not confer any right to appointment unless the corporation is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate having regard to his/her character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
F. Surety Bond:
The candidates selected for posts of Station Controller/Train Operator/ Train
Controller/ Section Engineer / Junior Engineer, will have to execute a surety bond of Rs.
2,00,000/- (Rupees Two Lakhs) to serve the corporation for a minimum period of three years (exclusive of the period in which one remained on LWP or EOL) and also a three months prior notice, will be required before seeking resignation from the corporation.
G. Training & Probation:
The selected candidates on appointment will be on Probation for a period of two years (including period of training), where they will undergo intensive training for prescribed duration. The Corporation has the right to enhance or reduce the training period at its discretion for any or all the trainees. During the probation period, candidates shall be required to pass various examinations. The service of the candidate during probation period can be terminated by the corporation if the performance of candidate is found to be unsatisfactory, in accordance with the terms & conditions of offer of appointment.
H. Pay & Emoluments:
The pay & emoluments for direct recruits shall be as per pay scales under the IDA (Industrial DA) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks, HRA, Medical benefit, EPF, Gratuity, etc. as per extant rules of the Corporation.
I. Age (As on closing date):
For all posts at Sr. No 1 to 9: Above 18 years - Below 28 years i.e. candidates should have been born not earlier than 21/01/1993, and not later than 21/01/2003 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation of upper age limit:
NB: If a candidate is eligible for relaxation of age on more than one ground, he/she would be accorded the highest of the age relaxations (not cumulative) for which he/she is eligible.
No age relaxation is allowed to SC/ST/OBC-NCL (Non Creamy Layer) candidates applying against unreserved vacancies.
J. Payment of application fee (non-refundable):
• UR, OBC and EWS (including Ex-servicemen) candidates are required to pay a Non-refundable fee of Rs. 400/- (excluding of bank charges plus service tax) and SC/ST, Women candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs. 150/- (for processing fee only, excluding of bank charges plus service tax) for each post.
• Application fee plus Bank transaction charges, if any, once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility, the closing date for submission of online application before paying the application fee plus bank transaction charges. If a candidate wishes to apply for more than one post, he/she will have to submit separate online application form with applicable fees for each post.
K. How to ap p ly:
1. Candidates are required to apply online through website MAHA-METRO
ww w.pu nemetrora il.org only. No other means/mode of submission of application will be accepted.
2. Candidates are required to have a valid personal e-mail ID. It should remain active during the entire period of this recruitment process. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e- mail ID, he/she required to create a new e-mail ID before applying online. Under no circumstances, he/she should share/mention e-mail ID & its log in Password to any other person.
3. To access the online application, firstly candidates are required to visit MAHA-METRO website www.punemetrorail.org and click on the “Career” link. Thereafter, he/she may open the desired recruitment notification for which online application to be filled.
4. The candidate is required to read the entire vacancy notifications & its instructions carefully to make him/her familiar with the eligibility, age criteria, other conditions, norms of the desired posts and all related information, instructions of this recruitment process.
5. Candidates shall apply online by going to sub link titled as “ App ly O nline ” and follow the instructions given therein carefully for Online Registration.
6. The Online registration shall remain active from 10.00 Hrs of 14/12/2020 to 23.59 Hrs. of
21/01/2021 only. In order to avoid last minute rush & inconvenience, the candidates are advised
to apply sufficiently before the closing time & date of online application process. MAHA-METRO
will not be responsible for any network problems/interruptions in submission of online applications due to any reasons whatsoever or any other problem arises at candidates end, during the entire period of submission of online application on website of MAHA-METRO.
7. Candidates registering himself/herself by providing/entering requisite details on online
registration form, he / she shall get a Login ID & Password on Mobile No. & Email ID provided by applicant/candidate in online registration form.
8. Thereafter Candidate is required to login again with the received Login ID & Password & proceed
with filling the online application form.
9. Candidate /applicant shall select the post applied and fill in the requisite details in the online application form.
10. All the fields in the online application form should be filled up carefully. After filling all required information by candidate/applicant, a pre-view of the filled application can be generated before submitting the application and candidate can edit the information. After submission of the application, no modification will be permitted.
11. Candidates need NOT send printouts of application or Certificates or copies to Pune MAHA-Metro by post. If at any stage of recruitment or thereafter, it is found that any information furnished by the candidate in his/her application is false/incorrect or the candidate has suppressed any relevant information or the candidate does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the post(s), his/her candidature will be rejected / cancelled forthwith.
12. Procedu re of Payment of a p plica t ion fees:
a. Candidate shall pay requisite application fees through the ONLINE mode only:
b. After filling the application form the Candidate shall click on the ‘submit’ button to make
c. The Candidate has following options for online payment.
1. Credit Cards
2. Debit Card
3. Debit Card + ATM Pin
4. Internet Banking
5. Wallet/Cash cards
13. If a candidate applies for multiple posts, he/she should use same e-mail id for applying on-line.
14. Application fee cannot be refunded in any case.
L. General: Most Important: -
1. Whorms mentioned above on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished by him/her are correct in all respects. In case, it is detected at any stage of recruitment or thereafter
that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand cancelled. If any such shortcomings is/are detected even after appointment, his/her services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
2. The validity of the Selection Panel is for two years from the date of its approval.
3. The selection of candidate by MAHA-Metro does not confer any right to the candidate for appointment.
4. The online test will be held at Pune, Mumbai, Nagpur, Aurangabad in Maharashtra.
5. Candidates employed in Govt. Dept. / PSU/ Autonomous Body must produce, “NOC” from the
present employer on the date of Interview.
6. In case a candidate wishes to apply for more than one post, she/he may register online separately & fill separate applications for each post by using same e-mail id.
7. Candidate belongs to SC / ST category has to submit self-attested copy of certificate issued by
Competent Authority in support of his claim. Formats are available on MAHA-Metro’s Website at “Career” Link.
8. A candidate who claims to belong to one of the Other Backward Classes has to submit in support of his claim issued self-attested copy of a certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority specified by the Central Govt. in their O.M. No. 36012/22/93-Estt. (SC) dated 08.09.93. The certificate should be current & issued within one year of the closing date of the application.
9. EWS vacancies are provisional / tentative and subject to further directives, if any, of the Government of India & outcome of any litigation. The income and asset certificate issued by any one of the authority, mentioned in the format as given in our website shall only be accepted as a proof of candidate’s claim as belonging to EWS and subject to its verification through proper channels.
10. Candidates should keep sufficient number of same Photograph in reserve for future use, which
they are using in the registration slip.
11. Request for change of mailing address or e-mail address will not be entertained under any circumstances.
12. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Pune.
13. MAHA-Metro reserves the right to fix the minimum standard/qualifying marks for each component of selection for all posts.
14. Candidates must remain in constant touch with MAHA-Metro website www.punemetrorail.org for information regarding dates of online test, result of online test, schedule of Interview &/or Psycho Test standards of Vision for Medical test etc.
15. The admit card for online test will NOT be sent by post or email. It will only be downloaded
from MAHA-Metro website www.punemetrorail.org
16. The issue of an Admit Card or result notification to appear in the Online test/Psycho Test/Interview/medical fitness test or the fact of having passed these tests or having been placed on the final merit list, will not be a proof of any candidate’s eligibility. Candidature will be purely provisional subject to eligibility and other verifications before or after appointment in MAHA-Metro. The onus of ensuring that candidate meets all the eligibility requirements will rest on the candidate himself/herself all through the recruitment process. Candidates will be allowed to appear in online test/psycho test/interview/medical fitness test purely on provisional basis and no candidate will have a right to appointment or any compensation only on the ground of having appeared in or passed the online or any other screening test.
17. MAHA-Metro is not responsible for any printing error that might have inadvertently crept in.
18. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
19. Bringing mobile phone/Communication device in the examination hall will be deemed GUILTY
OF MISCONDUCT & suitable actions including immediate expulsion of candidate from the examination hall will be taken.
20. Electronic gadgets like Mobile phones, Bluetooth, pen drive, laptops, calculators, wrist watches
or any other communication devices or pen/pencil are strictly NOT allowed inside the exam hall. Any infringement of this instruction shall entail summary rejection besides legal action including debarment from future examinations.
21. Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including
mobile phones etc. to the venue of the examination, as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured.
22. Candidates are advised to visit only official websites of the MAHA-Metro www.punemetrorail.org and be very cautious about fake websites and job racketeers.
23. Signatures of the candidates on all documents should be identical, either in English or Hindi, and must be in running hand writing and not in block/capital or disjointed letters. Signatures in different style or language at the time of online examination/test etc. may result in cancellation
24. MAHA-Metro reserve the right to incorporate any subsequent changes/ modifications/ additions in the terms & conditions of recruitment under the advertisement as necessitated and applicable.
25. There will be facility of help desk for responding the queries of candidates / applicants regarding this advertisement on the help desk e-mail Id